WHAT STATES CAN DO
The states serve as centers of innovation for many issues, especially when Congress won’t act. From health care to net neutrality to guns, progressive state legislatures are moving ahead. Curious where OH and KY stand? The Giffords Law Center monitors gun laws in every state.
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
Many companies have dumped the NRA in response to consumers who let them know where they stand. Reach out to businesses that haven’t!
WHAT VOLUNTEERS CAN DO
Volunteers can make a huge difference by knocking on doors of people who don’t always vote, but would be inclined to support your candidate if they did. The job is to remind, not to persuade. If you like conversation, it gives you a chance to tell voters about candidates who share their values.
ISSUES AND VALUES
In November we will see progressive candidates at all levels of government, representing values and issues that matter to many Americans – like health care, living wages, competent government and kids not getting shot at school. Volunteering on their campaigns is one way to help the kids.