Rob Portman has gone far on his good guy reputation: the dedicated public servant who works in a bipartisan way and gets stuff done. He probably is a good guy. But he votes wrong on almost every issue that matters to us.
He’s back home this week. Tell him what it will take to really be a good guy, and show him how hard it will be to get by on his good guy reputation when so many of us are watching.
- Wednesday, May 31 5-8p, Rhinegeist Brewery, 1910 Elm St. Charitable Suds for Planned Parenthood. Come in for a drink and support Planned Parenthood!
- Thursday, June 1 5:30-6:00p, 312 Walnut St. Deliver letters about healthcare to Rob Portman’s office. Personal stories are the most impactful way to move MoCs. Tell Rob your story. Make sure he understands the consequences of his party’s healthcare bill.
- Saturday, June 3 10:30a-12p: 6109 Webbland Pl. 45213. Fair Districting Petition Drive Kickoff. Training session and petition distribution to get the redistricting initiative on the ballot.
- Saturday, June 3 11a-1p: Piatt Park,100 Garfield Pl. 45202. Rally for Truth Cincinnati. Join the call for a fair and impartial investigation into Russian interference in the election, and potential ties to DJT and his associates.
A note on wardrobe: Friday June 2 is National Gun Violence Awareness Day. Wear orange on Friday. Hunters wear orange to protect themselves. Wear orange to support those who work to prevent gun violence and those who lose their lives to it every day. Wear orange for the value of human life.
CALL, POST, TWEET, WRITEThe Senate is on a break. Get in touch. Talk about healthcare, DJT’s budget, the environment, our European allies, women’s reproductive rights and sticking with investigations into the Russian connection! Keep up the pressure, especially on Rob Portman.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet 7954 Beechmont Rd., Suite 200, 45255
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet 441 Vine St., Rm.3003, 45202
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet 312 Walnut St., Rm. 3425, 45202
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet 425 Walnut St., Suite 2310, 45202
Our new resource page @bethebetterangels.com is packed full of ideas on ways to resist!
- June 3-June 15: Hamilton Co. Candidate and Activist Training Classes Deep Dive Training Classes at think BIG strategies.llc, 700 E. Walnut St, 4th floor.
- Friday, June 16, 6:30p: Planned Parenthood partners with the CAC to host artist Niki Johnson, whose work Hills and Valleys speaks to women and the issue of reproductive health care. Free event, RSVP required.
LISTEN OR READToday, Memorial Day, is also John F. Kennedy’s 100th birthday. Read or listento something he said and pick something to do.
We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people.
September 12, 1962, Rice University, Houston