Facebook resistance groups argue about whether the D Party should try to influence primaries to deliver electable candidates. Indivisible is rolling out its own endorsement platform. As last week’s Texas primary showed, every race is unique. Voters are looking for candidates who reflect their values. They’re also deciding on their own. The turnout rate should encourage us all.
- March 11 & March 18: meet candidates for KY State House
- Weds. Mar. 14, 10a: 17-minute national walkout at local high schools
- Fri. Mar. 16, 6-9p: Nestor for Judge kickoff, Carnegie Center, Tusculum
- Sat. Mar. 17, 2-3:30p: Moms Demand Action monthly meeting
- Tues. Mar. 20; 6p: Open mic for students on gun safety @City Hall
- Fri. Mar. 22; 6p: MobilizeAmerica kickoff to connect volunteers & campaigns
- Sat. Mar. 24; 11a: March for our Lives (gun safety) @City Hall
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Florida state legislators passed a modest, imperfect gun bill. It’s a start. Tell MoCs that they, too, are capable of action.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
ABOUT THOSE TARIFFS
Last week we suggested speaking out against DJT’s reckless behavior. R MoCs spoke out. Wait, does that mean we agree with Rs? Many Rs are riled because tariffs threaten gains for their designated tax cut winners. Some Ds like the tariffs; some Ds don’t. Most economists say the rationale makes no sense. We need fixes but let’s start by investing in a 21st century economy.
DEMOCRATIC OR PROGRESSIVE?
What works in California may not work in states that lean red. Regardless of candidates’ labels we can have a functioning, more just government if we do our part: pay attention, vote and get others to vote.