This week marks the end of 45’s first year in office. This post began as a result of his election, but it isn’t about him. It’s about us, we the people, and what we can do to have the kind of government our democracy is designed to deliver. We’re on it – millions of us!
STAY ON IT
- Sun. 1/14, 7p: TP Dems host candidates for OH-2 and State House
- Tues. 1/17, 6p: Westside Dems monthly meeting
- Tues. 1/17, 7p: NKY Dems monthly meeting
- Weds. 1/18: Eastside Dems host candidates for OH-2, other offices
- Sat. 1/20, 12p: Women’s March. There’s a controversy about inclusion again this year. We can’t afford division.
- More activities this week.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
LOST IN THE NOISE
Two senators at DJT’s office were there to tell him, “We have a bipartisan deal.” We know what happened next, and we’re consumed by his latest ignorant-racist-hateful rant. It demands a response but it’s not news. There are 51 votes in the Senate and 218 in the House to save Dreamers and strengthen borders. Bipartisanship is hard. Our power to make change is real.
THE NEXT LAP
- To all who call, write etc. most every week: YAY! It’s because so many call, write etc. that we’ve gotten this far.
- To all who are volunteering or supporting candidates, or working with an organizing group: YAY! We’ll keep this weekly post short.
- To all who are thinking about volunteering for a campaign: YAY! We’ll help you learn new skills and find a campaign that fits your schedule.