The Senate has 15 working days before 2018. The House has 12. A government shutdown looms. December is crucial. Yet it feels like it’s felt all year. Congress could make progress on many issues if enough MoCs summons the fortitude to act. History says bipartisan progress is possible but rare. Maybe that changes if we keep using our voices!
- Wed., Nov. 29; 6:30-8:30p: Discuss the future of the Hamilton County Democratic Party. Show up and have a say!
- Fri., Dec. 1; 6-11:30p: Flash Activism & Anniversary Party
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
So much to resist! Judicial appointments, our shrinking presence in the world, DJT’s attempt to shut down the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. But again… the tax bill! It’s bad legislation and bad economics. Don’t let up!
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
PROTECT NET NEUTRALITY
The Federal Communications Commission will vote on whether to end net neutrality on December 14. This issue is bigger than the U.S. It matters to the world. Talk to MoCs. Contact FCC members. Find a protest near you!
45 weeks with our 45th president. ‘Making citizenship a habit’ is exhausting, but we are making progress. We’re thankful so many Americans are stepping up to run for office – at all levels – and so many more are working to tip the balance toward a responsive and inclusive democracy.