In order to pass a bill that doesn’t require a single D vote, Rs had to come up with more $$ to cover the cuts they’ve promised. Cancelling the mandate that says everyone has to buy health insurance will save billions – money that would have been used to subsidize lower income buyers of health insurance.
13 million people will lose healthcare. Premiums will increase. The market will become more unstable. This will gut healthcare – the Rs’ goal all along.
Beyond calling MoCs and showing up at rallies, gear up for 2018 by helping in other states. Join Indivisible by making calls for a progressive in Alabama with a record of fighting hatred and bigotry.
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Call your Senators, even if you already know how they’ll vote on the tax bill. And say thanks to Sen. Brown for calling out the bill for what it is.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
MoC phone lines will be staffed Monday-Weds.
Need talking points? See this breakdown of the Brown-Hatch showdown.
CALL OUT HYPOCRISY
Tell your Senators you know they’re fooling themselves: The bill is based on a trickle down premise that hasn’t worked in the past. It doesn’t match the promises DJT made to voters. It saddles future generations with more debt. It offers permanent cuts on the corporate side, but the temporary cuts for middle income families will become permanent increases. MoCs know this!
MEANWHILE, DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD
We’re not the only ones trying to change things. Zimbabwe’s ruling partydismissed a president who stuck around for 37 years; people are cheering in the streets. Helped along by a relatively free press, Iraq is bucking the tide toward autocratic rule. All messy and imperfect.