Lost in the circus that followed the tragic and unexplained deaths of 4 Marines in Niger: The bill to fix the ACA has 12 R co-sponsors and 12 D co-sponsors! It’s a true compromise, with things like junk plans. But it’s a step forward. DJT’s issue is the message. He wants to be able to tweet that he didn’t bail out insurance companies, even if the $$ goes directly to reducing premiums.
- Tuesday, October 24 12-12:45p: Not One Penny for Trump’s Tax Planhosted by Together We Will.
- Thursday, October 26 6-9p: Intersections between Environment and Poverty hosted by the Women’s City Club of Greater Cincinnati
- Tuesday, November 7 6:30a-7:30p: League of Women Voters Election Guide, Nonpartisan info for Hamilton Co.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
For many people, the first step is a yard sign! We need to do whatever we can to help elect openminded, progressive candidates at all levels of government. If you are willing to place a candidate or issue sign in your yard or building, please contact Steve Long at email@example.com.
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
By 2018 (MoC elections) people will see 20% increases in premiums or lose coverage if the ACA isn’t stabilized. Keep making noise about what matters.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
TAX CUTS, NOT TAX REFORM
With the pressure to fix the ACA off-ish, the Senate used end-run tricks to pass a budget blueprint. Not only can they pass a bill with 51 votes this way, they can increase the deficit by 1.5T-for-trillion dollars. Read up, better angels.
NATIONALISM DISTORTED INTO NATIVISM
Steve Bannon is out to get Republican MoCs who don’t support his agenda. In remaining silent, local MoCs place themselves in his nativism camp. But a growing number of Rs believe they’ll eventually have to take a stand.