- Moms Demand Action working for common sense legislation in every state and major city; part of Everytown for Gun Safety
- Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence educates the public and advocates to prevent gun violence
- Americans for Responsible Solutions founded by gun owners and Second Amendment supporters Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Find out if your MoCs take gun lobby $$. Tell them you want Congress to take steps to end violence and promote gun safety.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
For a change of pace, how about a letter to the editor!
The NRA spent its first 100 years promoting gun safety and marksmanship, and lobbying for legislation it now considers unconstitutional. A 1986 NRA-backed law made it illegal to create a searchable database of gun owners. A 1996 NRA-backed law made gun violence research essentially illegal.
Gun lobbies also give tons of money to state lawmakers. They’re seeing their biggest wins in state legislatures. On the other hand, states that ban large capacity ammunition magazines have a 63% lower rate of mass shootings.