So far, tax reform is looking more like tax cuts for people at the top. People in the middle, about 30% of tax payers, could see tax increases. MoCs heard from voters who were paying attention to the ACA repeal bills. We know how that turned out, so far.
- Tuesday, October 3 6-8:30p: City Council Candidates Forum, Part 2, 1740 Langdon Farm Rd, Cincinnati
- Wednesday, October 4 6-8p: Sunset Salons: Local Activism, Ticketed event at Clifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati
- Saturday, October 7 9-11:30a: Conversations with City Council Candidates, American Red Cross, 2111 Dana Ave., Cincinnati
- Tuesday, Oct. 10: Last day to register to vote in Nov. 7th election in OH
- Wednesday, Oct. 11: Last day to register in KY
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Before Congress can get to taxes, they have to pass a budget. Budgets are pictures of what we value. Tell your MoCs what you value. If it’s affordable healthcare, remind them a bipartisan bill is still in the works.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3353, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
ON THE HORIZON
Over 9 million Trump voters likely voted for Obama in 2012. They played a crucial role in ’08 and ’12 (skip to “conclusion” at end of link). We think many are still looking for government that works. Keep talking to MoCs and get ready to do more. We need to elect good people who believe in government that works for all, at all levels.
LAUGH AND LEARN
If you haven’t given Pod Save America a listen, treat yourself to last week’s requiem for the untimely death of the Graham-Cassidy bill to repeal the ACA. Find it on Apple, Google Pay, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn or through RSS feeds.
Remember: the budget trick that allows legislation to pass with 51 votes will give the Senate 2 more chances to repeal the ACA before 2018.