Me: I know Sen. Brown’s a “no” but I can’t get through to Portman.
Sherrod Brown Staff: Haha, our phones have been jammed too.
Me: Well, tell him thanks and I’m counting on him to get healthcare right.
Staff: Thank you!
Me: Are most of your callers in favor of Graham-Cassidy?
Staff: No one wants this bill!
Me: Are they your typical supporters?
Staff: Not at all. They’re people who need healthcare.
- Monday, Sept. 25 12:30-1:30p: Protect Our Care Press Conference, 312 Walnut St., Cincinnati
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 6-8:30p: 2017 CIty Council Candidate Forum Part 1, CCA, 1740 Langdon Farm Rd., Cincinnati
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 6-8p: Cincinnati Collaborative Agreement Community Forum, Taft High School, 420 Ezzard Charles Dr., Cincinnati
- Thursday, Sept. 28 7:00p: Cincinnati East Tea Party City. Council & Judicial Candidate Night, Oakley Community Center, Hyde Park Plaza (our Tea Party experience)
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Don’t let Congress fall into the trap of full-on Repeal or full-on Single Payer.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
Enjoy some Graham-Cassidy humor!
MEANWHILE THE WORLD
Dozens of countries don’t have a U.S. ambassador, which means we aren’t laying the groundwork for cooperation. DJT calls people names and threatens to withdraw from treaties, which means other countries have no reason to trust us. Our citizenship determines what the world sees when it looks at us.
He apparently doesn’t hate Graham-Cassidy because it will create millions more healthcare losers. He hates it because he believes the Senate has a job to do and doing it right matters. He also seems to have noticed one-party ramrodding isn’t working. Thank you, Senator, we’ll take it!