The dance continues. If enough Rs and Ds find enough to agree on, and nothing explodes, something could happen. Maybe. Still more politicians are realizing that Americans want Ds & Rs to work together and get stuff done.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 7-9p: Pursuing Peace in Cincinnati. Seton High School, 3901 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati. International Justice and Peace Center hosts John Dear – activist, Catholic priest. Ticketed event, $15
- Friday, Sept. 22, 6-8p: 2017 HCDP Fall Reception. The Center, 115 E. 5th St., Cincinnati. Jon Favreau, host of Pod Save America and former Director of Speechwriting for President Obama. Ticketed event.
- Sundays, Sept. 24 & Oct. 22 3p: Cincinnati City Council Candidate Forums. Summit Center, 1580 Summit Rd. Cincinnati
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Yet another last ditch ACA repeal bill. But the conversation is changing. Fifteen Ds stood with Bernie as he introduced Medicare for All, many who are working on step-change approaches to universal coverage.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
Keep an eye on the bargaining chips in the immigration debate. Are there enough MAGA hat burners to derail this? Maybe. Maybe not.
- Universal healthcare: Everyone gets healthcare.
- Single Payer: For us, the government pays through our taxes.
- Medicare for All: Single Payer with catchy name.
- Public Option: A marketplace where people can choose from a variety of providers, mostly private. This started with ACA, but in the current proposals it would include the government as one of the choices.
Remind MoCs: As a nation we pay exorbitant costs for not great care.
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
We try to find a variety of news sources. This site covers all sides of the big issues and rates each source on where it falls on the political bias spectrum.