The dance continues. If enough Rs and Ds find enough to agree on, and nothing explodes, something could happen. Maybe. Still more politicians are realizing that Americans want Ds & Rs to work together and get stuff done.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 7-9p: Pursuing Peace in Cincinnati. Seton High School, 3901 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati. International Justice and Peace Center hosts John Dear – activist, Catholic priest. Ticketed event, $15
- Friday, Sept. 22, 6-8p: 2017 HCDP Fall Reception. The Center, 115 E. 5th St., Cincinnati. Jon Favreau, host of Pod Save America and former Director of Speechwriting for President Obama. Ticketed event.
- Sundays, Sept. 24 & Oct. 22 3p: Cincinnati City Council Candidate Forums. Summit Center, 1580 Summit Rd. Cincinnati
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Thomas Massie: 859-426-0080, 202-225-3465, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Mitch McConnell: 859-578-0188, 202-224-2541, Facebook, Tweet, email
- Rand Paul, 270-782-8303, 202-224-4343, Facebook, Tweet, email
Keep an eye on the bargaining chips in the immigration debate. Are there enough MAGA hat burners to derail this? Maybe. Maybe not.
- Universal healthcare: Everyone gets healthcare.
- Single Payer: For us, the government pays through our taxes.
- Medicare for All: Single Payer with catchy name.
- Public Option: A marketplace where people can choose from a variety of providers, mostly private. This started with ACA, but in the current proposals it would include the government as one of the choices.
Remind MoCs: As a nation we pay exorbitant costs for not great care.
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
We try to find a variety of news sources. This site covers all sides of the big issues and rates each source on where it falls on the political bias spectrum.