Charlottesville. North Korea. Here we are.
- Sun. Aug 13, 5:00p: Stand in Solidarity with Charlottesville. Cincinnati City Hall, 801 Plum Street.
- Sun. Aug. 13, 7:00p: Understanding Islam @Terrace Park Community Building 428 Elm, Terrace Park.
- Tues. Aug. 15, 6:00p: Eastside Dems Summer Social @Latitudes. Special guest State Sen. Joe Schiavoni, candidate for OH Governor.
- Tues. Aug. 15, 6:00p: Unaccompanied Minors: Immigration Learning Community. Interfaith Justice & Peace Center, 215 E. 14th St. Cinti.
- Tues. Aug 15, 7:00: Not One Penny kickoff to urge lawmakers to vote against tax cuts for the wealthy. Public Library 800 Vine St.
- Weds. Aug 16, 6:00p: Westside Dems @Take 5 Bar and Grill, 6957 Harrison Ave. Cincinnati.
- Sat. Aug. 19, 1:30p: Run to Win training for women candidates and activists in Columbus.
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
What do your MoCs think about North Korea? Do they believe Secs. Mattis & Tillerson, and talk of back channel diplomacy? Are they OK with the possibility that DJT’s bluster is just a show for his base? Share your fears & views.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
If your MoC named and condemned the perpetrators of racism and hatred in Charlottesville, say thanks. If not (like DJT) ask why.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE
Few MoCs are braving town halls this month, but those who are continue to face citizens who demand affordable healthcare. Even so, there’s talk of another vote to repeal. Or maybe a bipartisan bill. Who knows? The ACA is still alive because of your calls, emails, posts and tweets. Don’t let up!
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE
Every week we try to write with a positive voice and resist snark. But last week we took a minute to cheer the 30′ presidential chicken just outside the White House grounds. Then we remembered: millions of American cheered for entirely different reasons. If only a chicken could bring us together.