Last February 121 retired generals urged Congressional leaders to elevate and strengthen American diplomacy and development. They quoted Defense Secretary Mattis, who as Commander of US Central Command said, “If you don’t fully fund the State Department, then I need to buy more ammunition.” They sent a clear, eloquent letter about what matters and what works. The world’s dire problems hardly started with DJT, but his fast walk away from diplomacy and development is beyond scary.
- Monday, Aug. 7 11:30: DitchMitch Rally. Welcome the Senator home when he speaks to the Florence Rotary Club @Airport Hilton
- Saturday, Aug. 12 & Sun. Aug 13: United States of Women: Galvanize Ohioin Columbus
- Sunday Aug. 13, 7:00p: Understanding Islam at Terrace Park Community Bldg. 428 Elm St. Terrace Park
- All week: check the local indivisible calendar for community and Dem club events throughout the area
- Tuesday, Aug. 15, 7:00p: #Not One Penny Kickoff for a campaign to urge lawmakers to vote against tax cuts for people who don’t need tax cuts. Public Library, 800 Vine St. Cincinnati.
- Saturday, Aug. 19, 11:30a: Women’s Caucus Luncheon, followed by Run to Win training for women candidates and activists sponsored by Emily’s List and Ohio Democratic Party in Columbus.
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Reps. Steve Chabot and Brad Wenstrup voted YES on Russia sanctions. With the recess (no burning votes), it’s easy to get through on the phones. Express your thoughts on the matter, and ask how your MoC feels about the President’s attitude toward Russia. You may be surprised at what you hear.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
If you haven’t done so in a while (or ever) write a letter to the editor. Our cumulative opinions are making a difference! Writing tips & local addresses.