On June 27, Senator Portman’s staffers listened to groups of constituents all day long. A well-known Cincinnati R told MoCs to stand up to DJT and his intolerable behavior. Other Rs did the same. A few MoCs hinted at steps to improve the ACA – steps both parties can buy. A journalist reminded Ms. Huckabee-Sandersof the media’s and administration’s role in a democracy. And there’s us. MoCs are listening. Let’s keep pushing them to do right!
- Tuesday, July 4, 11a Northside 4th of July Parade. You won’t find a better way to celebrate!
- Wednesday, July 5, 6:30p Facebook Live for Q & A with Joe Schiavoni, candidate for Ohio Governor
Friday, July 21, 10a Secretary of State Office Hours at the Oakley Library
Saturday, July 22, 10:15a Moms Demand Action invite you to learn how to strengthen Ohio gun laws – at the Cheviot Library
CALL, WRITE, TWEET, POST
Still healthcare. While you’re at it, tell MoCs it’s not acceptable that the only thing stopping actual ACA fixes is politics, not policy. We say DO YOUR JOB!
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet, e-mail
Contact your Ohio Senators and Reps. Ask them NOT to override Governor Kasich’s veto on freezing Medicaid expansion – vote scheduled for Thursday.
RESHAPE THE STATE
Columbus, Frankfort and 48 other state capitols: where the gerrymander sausage gets made! Changing state legislatures will take time, but 2018 wins in statewide offices will jumpstart the work. Email BTBA Kristi Woodworth for more info: email@example.com. Or get started here:
- Get to know 2018 candidates for Ohio Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Auditor and Treasurer. Start with July 5, above
- Find out your state Rep and Senator, Ohio or Kentucky
- Learn about Ohio gun law issues now in play. See July 22, above
Happy 241st, with a shout out to everyone who is paying attention, speaking out, working for justice and believing that a rising tide lifts all boats.