Ask your MoCs where they stand on DJT’s ability to keep us safe and respect the Constitution. Ask them what part of our democracy they are willing to sacrifice. Ask them what it will take for them to choose country over party.
Call, send a postcard, tweet, post on Facebook, send an email. We used to think tactics matter. Persistence and numbers are what matter for now.
Millions of people across the country are letting MoCs know we are watching. Let’s keep doing our part. 2018 is right around the corner!JOIN IN
- Monday, May 15 6:30-7:30p: SIGN UP BY NOON 5/15 Portman Tele-Town Hall Tele-Town Halls are for MoCs who are cowards, but that’s what we’ve got.
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 202-225-3164, Facebook, Tweet 7954 Beechmont Rd., Suite 200, 45255
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, 202-225-2216, Facebook, Tweet 441 Vine St., Rm.3003, 45202
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265, 202-224-3265, Facebook, Tweet 312 Walnut St., Rm. 3425, 45202
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 202-224-2315, Facebook, Tweet 425 Walnut St., Suite 2310, 45202
The link on each MoC name now goes directly to the email form on their website. Another great way to reach your MoCs is through Resistbot which you can use on your phone or computer. It does the work for you!. Try it!CONSIDER Every week we look for stories about what MoCs are paying attention to and what it will take for us to make a positive difference. We’re not seeing much, but we did find this article by Zeynep Tufekci, author of Twitter and Tear Gas, on networked protest. Our take? Protest is essential, but it must give way to organizing, fundraising and getting better people in office. REMEMBER We are where we are, in part, because most of us have never paid serious enough attention. Last November enough voters in enough places believed our government was broken. Today many of these voters believe the fuss about Comey, possible collusion with Russians who interfered in our election, press secretaries and VPs who repeat DJT’s lies… all just noise. How much “serious enough attention” do we need to pay? We’re all trying to figure it out.