Compared to the early days of January, our Facebook feeds are back to normal. Still lots of political outrage, but on balance, it’s the old normal: dogs, nature, kids, food, travel and the like.
To find a good mix of actions and activities for this post, we have to scour resistance websites and private Facebook groups.
Is this resistance settling into something? What? How is it supposed to work?
We aren’t looking for one organization or person to provide a script. It’s not that kind of movement. We are paying attention to leaders, elected and not, who understand that it’s not that kind of movement.
But whatever it is, it’s something. Just last week:
News of Ds winning state and local offices nationwide. Tax rallies in more than 150 cities.
The few MoCs who met with constituents last week faced tough crowds. We don’t know if those who made it inside are aligned with a political party. We do know they wanted to talk about healthcare and DJT’s tax returns, and exclaim their disgust at the Gorsuch nomination process and Sean Spicer.
All across the county, lots of people are paying attention. That’s something.GO
- Wednesday, April 19, 6-8p Rob Portman Town Hall (without Rob) First Unitarian Church, 536 Linton St, Cincinnati 45219
- Saturday, April 22, 10a-1p: March for Science Fountain Square, 520 Vine St. 45202
- Saturday, April 22, 12-5p: Earth Day, Washington Park OTR 1230 Elm St., 45202
- Tuesday, April 18, 4p-2a: We Stand with Planned Parenthood Fundraiser hosted by Sundry & Vice 18 W. 13th St., 45202
- Tuesday, April 18, 7p: Democracy in Action: A Discussion on the ACA Repeal and Replace Know Theater 1120 Jackson St, 45202
- Brad Wenstrup: 513-474-7777, 7954 Beechmont Ave, Suite 200, 45255
- Steve Chabot: 513-684-2723, Carew Tower, 441 Vine St., Suite 3003, 45202
- Rob Portman: 513-684-3265 other offices, 312 Walnut Street, Suite 3075, 45202
- Sherrod Brown: 513-684-1021, 425 Walnut Street, Suite 2310, 45202
As always, this is a weekly post for people who are trying to figure out a manageable way to be an engaged citizen. We would love to hear your comments, questions and suggestions. Comment below or email us at:email@example.com.
Shelley Cowan & Janet Allen-Reid