This weekly email is for anyone who wants to make a minimum of 3 calls/week. Please forward to others, or send me names of anyone who wants to be added.
There are many terrific resistance actions underway. Already doing your thing? Let me know if you’d like to be removed from this list.
- Monday, January 30: Urge Senators to vote NO on Rex Tillerson (Secretary of State) — pal of Vladimir Putin and climate skeptic
- Tuesday, January 31:
- Urge Senators to vote NO on Betsy DeVos — billionaire GOP fundraiser, anti-public schools advocate and grossly unqualified to serve as Education Secretary
- Urge Senators to vote NO on Jeff Sesions (Attorney General) — Sessions has spent his career making it harder for African Americans to vote, fighting against equal rights for women, minorities and LGBTQ people, and demonstrating consistent hostility to the rule of law and human rights.
- Urge Senators to vote NO on Rick Perry — unqualified!! Was not even aware of the function of Energy Department prior to nomination
- Wednesday, February 1: Urge Senators to vote NO on Scott Pruitt (EPA) — arch-enemy of the EPA, having sued it on 14 separate occasions. He’s spent his career taking the side of polluting private industries over the public’s health and our planet’s well-being.